Author Topic: panic attacks from noise  (Read 5861 times)

kotinka

panic attacks from noise
« on: April 25, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
Hi,

I have 2 kids, aged 5 & 6.  One has ADHD & Autism, but not severe.  I had post natal depression and have been off meds for 18 months.  I thought I had recovered but am scared I may have slipped back.

The last few months, I find myself getting increasingly upset by the noise of my kids constant fighting, bickering, moaning and dissatisfaction.  They seem to be happy for only fleeting moments, when they're getting something they want.  This behaviour's worst when I have to take my attention from them for a moment to do anything.  They crave attention so much I can't get the housework done & it's mounting up.

The effect the screaming, crying etc is having on me is weird.  I feel a tight pain in my chest that gets tighter & tighter.  I start to have trouble breathing.  I get angry & lash out, yelling at them.  It's lately started to make me feel like running away or taking a load of tablets to escape because I hate the way life has become one huge fight.

Can anyone else relate to this?

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
Re: panic attacks from noise
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
I don't have kids but I can relate.
I get anxious when taking the underground or the train - loud noises and loud music/ talking people can make me very anxious.

ohajiki

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
Noise is the main source of my anxiety too, I can totally relate.

xx

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Kotinka, don't hesitate to go back see your GP, there is nothing wrong with perhaps temporarily being on meds again to help you cope better.
I am sure many people find themselves in the same situation as you as noise from children will wear you out for sure!

Becks87

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »
I totally agree. If i hear a sudden loud noise i burst into tears, really not nice.

xxx

Just taking it one day at a time..