Author Topic: Olanzapine reduction  (Read 4311 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Olanzapine reduction
« on: April 03, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »
Just got back from my annual MOT with my GP and he asked me about reducing my meds, the Olanzapine first.

He printed out a prescription for 10mg instead of the 15mg I've been having since 2012 and said there might be a couple of days around days 5 and 20 that I feel low or anxious as my body gets used to a smaller dose.  Said that if it got too much, to just go straight back on the 15mg but to give it a try to see how it goes.

He said that there was a risk of problems with my liver and kidneys because it's such a high dose but he's the doctor so knows what he's on about more than me and I've got the 15mg dose to fall back on if I feel I need to, but he wants to try reducing it which is fine by me... if I start getting overly paranoid or my typing goes nuts or I start talking about things that are obviously not real, feel free to suggest that I go back up to my current dose 'cos they are the sort of things that are the most obvious signs that I'm getting psychotic.

I'm happy with how this afternoon has gone though... desperately need to charge up Patrick's batteries tomorrow though, ready for going to pick up my new glasses at the end of the week.  It'll be a busy week this week but it's only once a year and I can relax when I've had the blood taken... my GP will only call if they find something wrong with the blood tests or if my Olanzapine needs to be back to the 15mg but that's probably it for another year now!

:cheerleader:  :happy0158:

Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.