Author Topic: NaNo  (Read 6237 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
NaNo
« on: November 12, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »
I dunno if any of you have heard of NaNo, but this is my 6th or 7th year of doing it.

It's basically a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel during November and for the last few years I've been writing 2,000 words a day for 25 days and using the other 5 days to get out of my main characters head and back into my own.

I was running a bit behind my target after having a few days of only writing 2,000 words a day so I challenged myself last night to write 5,000 words today to get me back on track for finishing up on Friday.

I wrote the 40,000th word about half an hour ago.  I wrote 5,000 words in 11 hours today... the most I've ever written for anything in one day!

Celebrated by having a J2O and taking me pills, ready for another early night in a couple of hours.

I've got 10,000 words left to write and over 2 weeks to do it in, but I'm getting my hair cut and the shopping delivered on Monday so I'll give myself the day off and just write 2,000 words a day so that I write the final word on Friday and still have a week and a half to myself!

Maybe you could give creative writing or poetry or something a try too?  It doesn't have to be along the lines of NaNo unless you want to, but something creative as a realistic challenge.  You'll feel so triumphant when you finish it!   :happy0158:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: NaNo
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »
I haven't heard of NaNo although I do like writing so I am going to give that a try but in December this year then next year I will do this in November  :cool:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 08:48:11 AM »
Am I allowed to give you the URL for NaNo or do you still want me to PM it to you to check first?   :happy0158:

A friend that I met through NaNo at the end of my first year isn't doing it during November but we'll be doing it together at some point next year, unofficially, if you want to join us then?  It's just that December is busy because of Christmas and New Year's Eve and stuff, so you might not be able to fully concentrate on it then is all   :biggrin:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »
awesome, 40k words is amazing, I use to write short stories a few years back just for fun, is your novel fiction or non fiction?

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Everything I've written so far is fiction for kids and young adults   :happy0158:

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »
Amanda, sorry been so busy I didn't give you a response but the answer is yes you are allowed to post the URL.  I don't need to check it first  :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:32:46 AM »
Thank you so much!  The url is http://nnowrimo.org and they do a young writers programme every year too for any young writers who want a challenge every year   ^-^