Author Topic: Just ranting and raving  (Read 4025 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Just ranting and raving
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »
Just got back from spending Bank Holiday Monday with the in-laws.

Steve sees his family at least weekly but I haven't seen my mum for 5 years.

Three members of Steve's family can drive and have a car.  Steve can drive but doesn't have a car atm.  Neither me or my mum can drive so don't have a car.

M made my blood pressure sky-rocket soon after getting there this morning by accusing someone on the telly of being psychotic.  She then went into a rant about how psychosis wasn't real, it was just made up for the telly.

I just sat there fuming and thankfully not saying anything until I'd calmed myself down.

I knew that if I started I would have been thrown out of the house and told never to go back which would have put Steve in a difficult situation so I just kept quiet.

I really have had as much as I can take with M... the sooner my mum says yes to moving to Gloucester (I don't want to pressure her) the better!  At least I'd get to see her as often as Steve sees his family then!

:bash:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Just ranting and raving
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
It isn't easy to 'put up' with stupid remarks from people in general but it is far worse when it's a person close to you even if it is by marriage.  I would have been annoyed if I had been there.

You do deserve to see your mum more often and it is a shame that she doesn't live nearer to you.  Have you tried bringing this subject with Steve?

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »
Thank you Pip.  Whenever I mention it to Steve he just uses the same "we haven't got a car right now otherwise we would" comment each time   :chin:  My mum is 72 this year and she lives in the middle of nowhere with no transport to anywhere at the end of May because they are stopping all the buses to her village so she will be stranded!

Hopefully Steve will get a job and car soon and we'll be able to go over again but in the mean time she's stuck in the middle of nowhere!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:40 PM »
I hope and pray (hope that doesn't offend you  :smile: ) that your situation does improve so you can see more of your mum.

I miss seeing my dad but he won't move as he is happy where he is and has my sister / her family living close.  He even still drives occasionally and he's coming up for 87 in May.  We couldn't move back down south now as we are happy where we are as we are settled here, have good friends and are involved with the community due to what we do.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
Thank you Pip.  It'll be a hard move for her if she decides to come over here but she won't be stranded in the middle of nowhere either!   :chin: