Author Topic: Almost fell over 3 times on...  (Read 4704 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Almost fell over 3 times on...
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »
...Mitzi's walk this morning.

Steve's response?  "You haven't fallen over on her walks yet, have you though, so there's no reason to think you will in future either!"

Thing is though, while I haven't fallen over on Mitzi's walks, I have fallen over since we've had her.

So I asked him if he would hear me if I called for his help.

"I'll have my ear phones plugged in so wouldn't hear you shouting from outside when I can't even hear you in the same room"

He's supposed to be my effing carer for f**k's sake!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

SteveW

• Karma Group
Re: Almost fell over 3 times on...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
I had a problem when I was looking after my dad. He would sometimes manage to get out of the house without me noticing and fall over within a minute. I got a wireless based alarm from Social Services. It had to be within 50 metres of a control box in the house. Would that be close enough or do you venture further. Maybe you could get one with a longer range ? It might be worth contacting an Occupational Therapist to see what is available.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
I've got one of those at home as well.  Steve's suggestion is a good one so it's worth looking into.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
I had a problem when I was looking after my dad. He would sometimes manage to get out of the house without me noticing and fall over within a minute. I got a wireless based alarm from Social Services. It had to be within 50 metres of a control box in the house. Would that be close enough or do you venture further. Maybe you could get one with a longer range ? It might be worth contacting an Occupational Therapist to see what is available.

Thank you Steve.  I would only need one when I walk Mitzi up and down the road though so maybe I should because I only walk her 10 or 15 metres of the house so it's definitely something I could look into!

I've got one of those at home as well.  Steve's suggestion is a good one so it's worth looking into.

Thank you Pip!  I'll try and remember to look into it when Steve's carer has sorted out his legs  :)

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
If you only go 15 metres you might be able to get by with a normal panic alarm. I played in a rock band when I was young and we were pretty loud. We were measured at 92 Decibels on one occasion. In 1969 Deep Purple were measured at 117 decibels  It may be urban folklore but they were alleged to have rendered 3 members of the audience unconscious.

My partner Kathy had a panic alarm. It was supposed to generate 140 decibels and having heard it I am prepared to believe it. That might be enough and about £10.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
Thank you Steve!  Just ordered one from Amazon   :happy0158: