Author Topic: Not sure what to call this  (Read 3461 times)

Jayfur

• Karma Group
Not sure what to call this
« on: February 17, 2016, 12:14:04 PM »
Hi guys, I am posting because I feel...dunno...a few different things....lonely, isolated, wobbly, down...the usual kind of stuff.   My life seems to have settled in to running my business from home, which takes really only an hour or two a day, looking after and walking the dogs, being tired and achy from the arthritis...that's all I do really.   It's difficult to make myself 'do'  more though, I suppose that's the nature of depression, it makes you not want to do anything to get you out of it...if that makes sense.   It's not just the depression though, I would say at the mo that it's largely the increase of difficulty from the arthritis, I am in some pain virtually all of the time and that makes it hard to motivate me to do stuff.   I'd quite like to find a part time job a day or two a week or, 2 or 3 half days, just to get me out of the house and talking to people...the dogs are good listeners but they don't have an awful lot to say...   ;)
I'm wanting to get another tattoo done (I have a couple already) but I just can't get my head round having to go out to a tatt place and discuss what I want, look at designs etc, then make an appt to have it done and tramp all the way back for that...I don't know if I want it done just because I'm bored and want something to focus on.

I'm just drifting a bit at the moment.  I'm not so low I can't function or suicidal or anything serious, just a bit lost and unmotivated right now.

Thanks for reading  xxx
Success is relative: I'm still here, that makes me a success  :)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Not sure what to call this
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
Oh I have had periods of times like that over the years but haven't been too bad over the past three years.  Have you thought about volunteering in a shop and making the effort of looking for paid work?

Voluntary work has been a life saver for me.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Not sure what to call this
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »
Do you find it easier to do stuff late in the day or evening or anything like that?  I'm just wondering if you could do something to find your most creative times then work during those times?  For example, I can't function before lunchtime but that's because I'm more creative when I've been up and about for several hours.  The only thing I'm capable of in the mornings is walking Mitzi and watching telly but after about 1pm everything finally clicks into place and I'm able to do much more.  Could you maybe find your best times to work and don't worry too much if you're not in the right place to work before that?

I agree with Pip about volunteering if you're able to.  Maybe try something creative at least once a week or something too?  It doesn't have to be very good, it's just to let the creative part of your brain run free is all and the only person you should show it to if you're not very confident is you... show the world if you are proud of your creativity though!   :happy0158:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.