Author Topic: comfort food  (Read 7286 times)

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
comfort food
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »
Dieticians are quite good at handing out information for diets of fancy low fat foods, yet they don't take into account these low calorie diets are based around expensive food,
seen a dietician twice and each was the same, eat more of this less of that.
and neither of the ones i seen took into account depression and comfort food, i dont know about any others, but i wouldn't class carrot sticks and celery comfort food.
at around 115 kilos im about 40 kilo over weight and just cant get rid of it
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: comfort food
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:15:02 PM »
It depends on where you shop and whether you're buying brand names  :-\ .  We tend to shop around, check reduced items, don't buy brand names except for a treat so we can eat a low fat, reduced salt / no salt foods cheaply.  I know Aldi has been selling bags of fruit and veg for around 49p.  Rick wont eat veg or fruit except bananas but I do but the point is it is possible to eat a healthy diet cheaply.  However I wont go to Aldi, Lidl or Sainsbury for a full week's worth of shopping as it is expensive or in the case of Lidl and Aldi there isn't enough variety.   Morrison's can be expensive as well.  We tend to use Asda and Tesco for our shopping and use other stores if we are just getting in stuff that welike from those shops.