Author Topic: Hello  (Read 11444 times)

SteveW

• Karma Group
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 06:22:12 PM »
I am not sure there is much mileage in playing around with when you take Sertraline. It takes between 4.5 and 8.4 hours for a given dose of Sertaline to peak in the blood stream, chances are you are somewhere in the middle. You could try dosing so that the peak occurred while you are asleep but I think you may find the results disappointing.

Sertraline is not cleared from the body all that quickly. If you take a dose of Sertaline 26 hours later half of that dose will still be in your body. Taking Sertraline at 9.00 am or 1.00 pm isn't going to affect the levels in your body as much as you might think. There is an added complication - N-desmethylsertraline. The body converts some or all Sertaline to this substance, which is active in itself, and it remains in the body for a hell of a time. It takes the body 62 to 104 hours to get rid of half an amount of that. Side effects probably depend on the overall levels of the two substances in the body. A single dose of Sertraline, however timed, may not be critical to overall levels.

There is guidance from the manufacturers. They advise taking it either in the morning or at night. Since it is their drug and they presumably know it, I would feel inclined to follow their advice.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »
Okey dokes, Steve obviously knows more about meds than me so let's move on to every-day things like room temperature, clothing, anxiety, weight, exercise etc... they can all make you sweat - do you think it could be any of those things?   :smile:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »
Hello Daisy, I take Sertraline as well so understand symptons but it is worth it to feel better  :smile:

Emma_Mc

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »
Hi Daisy, i joined last night also as i was feeling the same way(great minds think alike) Hope you get on well with the Sertraline and your feeling better soon.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »
Hi Daisy, i joined last night also as i was feeling the same way(great minds think alike) Hope you get on well with the Sertraline and your feeling better soon.

Welcome to the forum, Emma!

Daisy1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 08:00:13 AM »
That sounds hilarious Steve (and somewhat extreme lol) - I think I will mention it to the doc - it's definitely related to the tablets as when I was off them, I was perfectly non sweaty! 

Daisy1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »
Hi to the rest of you guys too!! One thing I have noticed though - unless I'm imagining it - is that I'm being rather anxious. Nothing too bad but this is something I've never suffered from before and I don't like it. I've had to take the day off work today as I'm feeling anxious - which to me seems completely ridiculous (I've worked there over ten years and am completely relaxed there - apart from my psycho boss but that's a different story). I'm wondering if this is the sertraline? I cannot remember being like this on fluoxetine.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »
Maybe it's the type of AD that is causing the sweating?  Maybe ask to try a different type/group of AD to see if that works for you?  There are loads of 'em out there to try, unfortunately it's a case of "try it and see" until you find one that works for you!   :confused0062:

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »
Hi Daisy, I dont think the time of day you take your meds will make a big difference, as long as you get into the pattern of taking them at the same time each day - within an hour or so at least.
i tend to take my anti d's around noon.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Daisy1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 04:52:24 PM »
Thanks guys - I'm still not feeling great - I'm thinking of asking the doc to go back on fluoxetine, I'm not sure if the sertraline is working as well, still will have the sweaty symptoms though.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
Have you tried Citalopram, Daisy?  It's done wonders for me and no sweating unless I'm hot, just like everyone else!

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »
Sorry that the Sertraline isn't working better. I can understand why you'd think of going back to Fluoxetine but if you are thinking of making a change it might be worth considering something that doesn't have sweating as a side effect. It would take me ages to go through every drug, I'd have to consult something like 28 separate documents, but I can suggest a couple to you. You have taken SSRI's so far and at least one of the group doesn't have sweating listed. That is Paroxetine. If you were prepared to change groups Mirtazepine doesn't have sweating listed either.

If you decided to stay on Sertraline and treat the sweating you could ask your GP about Oxybutynin or if he knew of something similar.

I wouldn't trouble myself with Citalopram. The makers list increased sweating as "very common".
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »
I didn't know that about Citalopram!  Thank you Steve!   :D

Daisy1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 11:51:48 AM »
Luckily I managed to get an appointment with my doc - he suggested upping the dose of sertraline which I objected to. He thinks I must just have the flushing with SSRIs. Anyway to cut a long story short I'm going back on fluoxetine. I have had to take sertraline on alternate days for two weeks (my last one is weds), have a four day break and then start taking fluoxetine again. At this moment in time I don't care about the flushing I just want to feel better!  :bash:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »
That's totally understandable, Daisy!  I hope the Fluoxetine works better for you than the Sertraline did!