Author Topic: Hello from a new member.  (Read 3406 times)

barson

Hello from a new member.
« on: May 17, 2015, 11:58:21 PM »
I thought I would drop a post and say hello to everyone, I'm Jaimie, been suffering from depression on and off since my early teens, well I say on and off, I mean been coping with at differnt levels.

I'm now 26 and am going through a pretty tough patch with it, it seems that when so much good is going on in my life my demons come around to try and mess things up. about 3 years ago I was seeing a councillor and got to the bottom of the cause of my depression and things were looking up, I drops and impressive amount of weight, going from 30 stone down to 14 stone and got my life totogether. But the hard work is slowly disappearing.

The last year has been hard and I refused to go back to the doctors up until last month and am now back on medication. O thought I would join here to try and get some support and share so stories with other people. Due to my home life I feel I have to always wear my mask of happiness and wellness to make sure all around me are at ease and don't worry (I'm sure many of you out there so that too.  My family life is hard at ttime, I live with my girlfriend and her two children she had with her ex, and 2 year old girl and a 5 year old boy with bad autism. So my mask stays on for there sake, my girlfriend has enough to worry about.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, I hope to get to know some of you and hopefully help each other out.

Hello again

Jaimie

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Hello from a new member.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Jaimie!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »
 :welcome:

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
Hi Jaimie, welcome to the forums,
dont worry about writing too much, for some it can be like an escape valve.
trying to put on a happy front for your family must be a hard thing to do,but there will always be people here to offer advice and support in some way.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water