Author Topic: Unexplained Anxiety  (Read 5115 times)

Darren1001

Unexplained Anxiety
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
Hi All,
Not been here in a long while, I thought finally the Black Dog, has done with me and gone elsewhere, but sadly no.
I thought I had it all back on track, I'd even stopped my meds ( with medical agreement of course) but yesterday I was gripped by a fear I'd not felt in a long time it left me exhausted and totally wiped out. I happen just before I was going to work, I had to call in sick, which is now causing me extra anxiety, I have no idea what has caused me to felt so scared and want to run away and curl up into a ball and escape from everything the not knowing what it us is causing me the most problems as I don't know how to deal with it. I've been back to the doctors and have been put back on Citalopram and a short course of Diazepam.
Has anyone else experienced similar?
Darren

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Unexplained Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
I haven't suffered with what you have but I do know what it is like to suffer with anxiety. It got worse than normal while I was taking Citalipram and had CBT online.  That helped quite a bit but Citalipram wasn't helping with my depression.  My GP at that time got the wrong end of the stick and assumed that I didn't need to take any anti depressants. 

Due to moving because of a neighbour from hell who was making me even more severely depressed we changed surgery.  Now I am taking Sertraline which was started at 50mg and I'm taking 100mg. Generally I don't have anxiety attacks but if I'm more down than usual it does start again.

You have done the right thing seeing your doctor and I hope it helps being on Citalopram.