Author Topic: Phenibut?  (Read 6288 times)

alex1973

• Karma Group
Phenibut?
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »
anyone tried it? You can get it off E-bay and a friend reccomended it. It does give me a good nights sleep and can lessen my social anxiety. Yes its legal

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Phenibut?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
Never heard of it Alex, but will Google it and have a read.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Grace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:22:19 AM »
I have looked it up Alex. If I were you I would tall your doctor you're taking it for though it is being publicised as a supplement it may interfere with the medication you're taking! Besides I am always wary buying meds of supplements through the net as the ingredients may not be so "pure"! It think that a local or known brand would be more safe.
Have a good day Alex!
Grace

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
I haven't taken it and tend to check with my GP before I try anything new.  For example one of the reasons I stopped taking Paracetomal was due to headaches and asked if I could take Ibrupofen and she said no because of my other meds.  Instead she prescribed Gabapentin.  My repeats go to the same pharmacy so have got to know the pharmacist and he's a great source of information if I want to try something knew including herbal remedies. 

alex1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »
I have been taking it on and off for a month now without any problems. Usually most medications give me side effects.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »
I tried it a while back. I read an account on the Erowid drug site from someone who had taken quite large amounts of it with positive effects.

But a few months later he added to his post concerning addiction. It appears to be highly addictive. It was mentioned that if you took it for 3 days and not on the fourth you could expect withdrawal symptoms. That is quite quick by the standards of addictive drugs. I would be pretty careful with it.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

alex1973

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
yes 3 days on and 3 days off is my usual but I average about 2-4 capsules on days I take it. I can be addictive yes. Took two last night after a 4 day break and my god did I feel mellow, like taking valium