Author Topic: Pent up frustration  (Read 5855 times)

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
Pent up frustration
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »
Sorry for my huge rant, I feel I need to release it somewhere and hope I feel better after it...

Right now I am on antibiotics as I was diagnosed with a kidney infection last saturday. I had my urine tested yesterday and apparantley the infection is gone. I still have to finish my course and the pain in my abdominal area is still just as bad. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow because no one knows what on earth this pain is, and its getting me down. Since Sunday, I have barely been able to eat. The antibiotics make me feel so sick, i nearly chucked up earlier; i'm getting a stiff neck, sensitivity to light, chest pain, headache and trouble sleeping. Its getting worse the further into the course I go, and knowing I still have to take 4 more is a nightmare, it may seem like just 4 to anyone but when you are going through chest pain and feeling so ill you can only drink a few sips of milk, its 4 more tablets of torture. I try to force myself to eat a bit of lightly buttered bread or a digestive biscuit every couple hours but half the time just looking or smelling it makes me gag and I can't do it. I'm absolutely exhausted.
Before I went on antibiotics, I had pretty much hit a break down with depression. Every day I find it hard to compose myself, i'm often finding that as soon as I get alone time, i'm crying my eyes out.
I think I have become a bit worse because of the pain in my abdomen and the fact i have felt sick since saturday.

I think I first started feeling depressed around the age of 14 because home life sucked and I was always picked on at school. My first memory as a child is hearing screaming and seeing blood on the wall of my dining room (my drunk dad had a fight with his drunk 'friend' and started smashing beer bottles at each other). My grandad had to come round and look after my sister and I for a bit as my mum had to go A&E with my dad.
When he came back from A&E I freaked out (I dont remember this but my mum does). I had to go and sleep around my nan and grandads house for about a week because I was terrified of his huge black eye. The only part I remember is being at their house with the christmas lights around and me having to walk down the stairs with my eyes closed because he came round to see me. I had my eyes closed the whole time and ran away when I got the chance.
I would feel very upset if someone ran away or moved out for a while because I had a black eye. It did not seem to faze him though; he didn't seem sorry for long at all and didnt seem bothered that he scared me out of the house.

Years went on where he annoyed my sister. Then when I hit around 12-13 years old, the told me to my face that its my turn to be picked on now.
Every day he would just do stuff to wind me up. When I went into secondary school, year 7, I was bullied almost immediately. I was about 4ft 10 or something, very short and thin. We had a lot of mixed races in my school, and most of my tutor group was. They hung around in their own groups. I did not have a problem with race, i don't care what colour someone is or where they come from, as long as they are nice then im fine with them. However one main girl who was mixed raced, tall and a bit chubby said one day outside to everyone that she hates me because i am quiet. I stood there silent and she said she was joking. I didnt believe her. 2 years of putting up with her picking away at me, my dad was saying I probably deserved it, that if i acted the way i did at home then i must act like it at school.

There are 2 key moments that have scarred me from school.
First one, was in PE. Sitting on the bench with her, 3 of her friends and a dude who was quiet. She started asking me personal questions about my chest size and stuff. I was so embarrased she was asking in front of this boy; and even her friends were like shh thats too much. I just said don't know. The conversation ended because we all had to then go to the squash courts and play table tennis. There were not enough tables so half the class stood on the balcony to watch. No one liked me so i had to go with 2 girls as I didnt have a partner. The big girl was up on the balcony and started shouting things like why dont you hit the ball, go on run, move. Suddenly, something snapped inside of me and I just walked out of the room and sobbed. A female teacher saw me and tried to calm me down. The big girl came downstairs and said she was only playing, I said i believed her just so she would go away. However, the teacher reported her.
Some girls had a meeting with the deputy head and I had a lot come to me asking why I reported the girl. She was apparently crying. I had a flock of literally 20 people cornering me at the wall shouting and screaming saying I was out of order. I was in tears and a teacher heard the commotion a whole corridor away. She had to come rescue me and I was just crying stupidly for a while.
She was the only teacher who then started to look out for me.

A friend who was in the same class as the big girl said that in her science class, her and another girl were saying how they bet i cut myself and that im anorexic. They found it hilarious that I may cut (which i didn't do).
The last straw was when in one class, she called me a racist b****. we had to work in groups for citizenship; make a campaign and stuff. She kept interrogating me asking what music i liked; she probably heard i'm a backstreet boys lover, in which i was embarrassed  to like because no one in my school liked boy bands, it was all about beyonce, alicia keys, all R&B music.
She then asked me if i have any black people in my family. I said no. that was when she made that comment. I reported it. Couple weeks later, she was gone from the school for good and i never saw her again.

However the second key moment is when she had gone, this huge girl who was black decided to step in. I had made friends, well thought I had, with a girl in my tutor class. She added me on MSN messenger and we spoke a little. Then I was added into a group convo, I didnt know they were cussing me at first. Calling me a goth and stuff. Then it got bad and embarrassing, then they cussed my mum which I flipped out at and swore at them. They said they would beat me up outside the gates, told me to watch myself. my mum made me print it out and show the school. I did, but the man in charge of that just said the language is atrocious and he wouldnt let his daughter go on a computer without being supervised.
At the end of the day, he did nothing. My mum, sister, and grandad all came up to meet me that day. I had to go the back way because they said all the girls and boys were out the front waiting around.  There was a police man there but only because some other girl had been threatened that day from a year below.

So many people were nasty and cruel to me, some never spoke to me because of rumours. I lost my friends in year 7 because there were rumours that I was gay/bi so the girls must have got scared. There were rumours that I cut, was anorexic, liked this boy, liked that boy; there were 11 rumours in about a year.

All whilst this happened, my dad was verbally abusing me at home. In my last year, he went to punch me in the face. He yelled at me because he asked if i loved him and i said no. He charged at me with his fist out and said come back here you little c.. (the worst vulgar swear word there is). He said it about 3 times. My mum and sister got out of their beds and had to stand infront to protect me.
I was so scared i couldnt sleep for 2 days. He had a break down and was going to kill a man up the pub and then himself. my mum and sister tried to calm him and felt sorry for him. I didnt want to, but i was told im heartless.
Only about a couple months later, he goes to punch me again.
I went to college for 2 years, in the first year he goes to punch me again, because I told him he had wet himself.. which he had.. but he was so drunk he reacted that way again.
I was picked on in college, i was the only white female in the class and this black girl said to her friend next to me that black girls are much prettier than white girls.
After the third time of facing abuse from my dad, i was going around 3 councils trying to move out. However they failed me because they said i need to be hit first for them to do anything.
Rumours flew around at college and I got a reputation as a person who bunked class.

Christmas 2010, my dad was drunk with this woman in our house. My mum, sister and I were upstairs listen to them slur their words. my dad receives a text because the womans husband wants her home (was midnight) and apparantly my dad had sent him a text impying things. The man came storming to our door and tried to bash it down. My dad had one of our big kitchen knives in his hand and said he was going to kill him. I was upstairs having a huge anxiety attack and had to call my grandad. My sister called 999 downstairs who also panicked. My mum and the woman tried to fight to get the knife away from the men. My mum fell and to this day, she has major hip problems and chill blanes in her feet. The man was sent home and the wife stayed at ours the night. I went home with my grandad in the snow at 1 in the morning  because I was refusing to stay. There was blood in our front room, on some of our stuff.
I went back to mine at 11am and the woman was still there. This was the second time in my life that I had walked out because of his actions, and he didnt care.
He kept saying sorry to my mum, never me.

Things have calmed down since, as we know he is cheating on my mum with that woman. He went out and left his phone on the table, where i shakily had a quick look; shaking in terror that I could be caught. His sent box was cleared but i read her texts, not explicit but obvious enough to know she likes him, smothering the texts in kisses doesnt help.
I sobbed and told my mum, who wasnt surprised at all. They have just recently 'split' about a month ago, but she still has war with him. There is not enough money for anyone to move out.
I have been living at my boyfriends very regularly now from october 2012, but was visitng a lot since march 2011, so i havnt had to put up with him every day like i used to.

One of the last times i went home, i went for 5 days and they were having a raging arguement and he was smashing the freezer door in.
I dont really want to deal with him. he barely speaks to me at home because he is obsessed with an online game (he doesnt drink as much as before because of this game but its still enough).
I do feel frustrated that my mum never left him. he drove her mental when i was born and she said no to him leaving.

Everyone in my house can act that things are fine but i am always left with these memories; i feel horrible but i find myself feeling angry at my mum for letting things happen.

By year 7, I turned into a very timid, quiet, reserved person. I have slowly changed to be a bit more confident, because my boyfriend has a large family; its like i have been forced to; but i still have my moments regularly where i want to stay locked in this room. There are 7 people in this house so its cluttered and always noisy.
I want to move out but i dont have enough savings and i am unemployed.
I do not see myself ever getting a job i'd like, i do not see myself ever being able to afford to move to even a flat, and i just dont see myself ever being truly happy. I dont see a future for myself.
Sorry I wrote such an awful lot, thats just me in a nutshell and how im feeling right now  :bash:

craig84

• Karma Group
Re: Pent up frustration
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
wow... I wish I could make that much sense in my posts! your amazing you really are, very articulate!!!

theres so much to respond to i'll probably miss half of what I want to say but with regards to your meds atm....

if you struggle taking them whole then have you tried crushing them and mixing into a drink. you probably have but I thought id suggest it...

was so sad reading the actions of your dad when you came of a certain age and how he treated you. wrong on so many levels, do you mind me asking how you get on with your family now?

the times where you break down when your alone is probably because for those moments you cant sustain keeping that wall up.. the wall that protects us from people really knowing whats going on... you definitely needed to vent and I hoped it helped... it does people good seeing people vent as it gives people strength to do the same! your an inspiration for people worried about sharing their stuff! theres no doubt being physicaly ill as well as mentally drained will feel like your under an avalanche but your dealing with it, hence your writing here! keep it up!

im reading your post as I reply because I want to answer as much as I can... upto the 2nd key moment atm :)

sorry but your dads (in the politest way possible) not a good parent... (that's not whats in my head but I don't want to offend)

its so hard to advise knowing that its the relationships we grow up in that help mould us and give us our belief systems and your dad must have instilled a really negative one for you.... but that's just his wrong doings that have led to that... its not normal or right so you don't have to buy into them judgements or opinions anymore.  grrr his pissed me off just reading how he treated you!

there is always a way out though, its hard and tough and will seem impossible but there is always a way...

with regards to you moving out there are options... you don't have to have savings for rent as you can apply for a crisis loan to get your first months rent from the benefits system. then housing benefits take care of things after that like paying your rent but you have to show your tenancy agreement as proof your living there before they give it. sad thing is youll probably only get a bedsit but it would get you out of your house....food for thought maybe..

thanks for being so open and honest

”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:05:05 PM »
 :hug:

You have an inner strength that has helped you to get through this.

I have got to know of parents who have had their children taken off them due to false allegations or just needed a bit of help.  Then there are cases such as yours where you should have been removed because of your dad.

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:56 AM »
Thank you both for your replies, I do feel a little relieved now like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, i mean my problems arn't gone but it feels a little better to get them out and see people who actually do care, because all the people I have seemed to face in life; like back in school; think depression and self harm is funny; so i've never really been able to speak out, only to my boyfriend after a couple of months.

@Craig Oh I noticed about two typo's which sucks haha but thank you, I did jump topics, didnt finish a point or two and missed so many things out though but to be honest I could write a book on the amount of things that were done and said at school and college alone haha.

I took your advice earlier and just broke the tablet in two, as it would taste way too nasty to crush it, ive done that in the past and the tablet seems to set at the bottom so the last mouthful is gross!
My chest didn't hurt half as much afterwards and i felt the tablet went down easier, I only felt a slight scraping down my throat this time :)

I'll try to sum it briefly with the family thing:

Mum - we used to argue and she was stressed, used the hitting method with her hand when i did wrong, I didnt really like her half the time. But when i was around 11 i warmed up to her more. Our bond has become much closer since my dad had started picking on me. She finally hates his guts now so I can easily slate him off without having her defend him entirely.
She misses me that I am away and tries to give me a little bit of money when I visit because even though shes poor 'thats what mothers do'. I do care for her a lot to this day and she feels the same way for me. She would do anything for me and my boyfriend (who she has only met once for about 10 minutes)

Sister- I used to annoy her when I was a child. 7 years difference so as she was hitting her teens and being a moody teenager, I was still pestering her. We used to hit, kick, fight and make our mum stressed from this..However when I turned to my teenage years, everything calmed down and we were OK. shes hard to speak to as she has issues herself, she hasnt been to a doctors but I know she is at least moderately depressed. At this day, we dont speak much, maybe once a month when i visit but that isnt for long as she locks herself in her room. However we get on a lot better and never fight, we have the same views on my father and she would do anything to protect me and my mum.

Dad- When I was say 5 years old, we used to mess about and annoy my sister. When I was about 9, i learnt how to swim (very bad at it haha) so we had something in common when we went away. Even if we argued all the time, we stopped arguing when we went in the pool. To this day he says he loves me, tries to hug me when he sees me. I let him as im still scared of him as he gets angry if i dont. He never texts me when im gone. When im at home, he comes in and goes straight on his game rather than to say hi to me. In 4 days of being home, he spoke to me for about half hour and got annoyed that he missed something on his game. I do not love him and I just stay away from him. I'm still scared of him and feel uneasy when I go home as I never know when hes going to flip out.

I also have a cat who i consider a family member but i wont write about her really haha. I love her to bits and sadly only see her about once a month when i visit. She is 17 and a half years old and i'm sure I will hit a hard rock when she goes, which im not looking forward to..as I will be distraught.

My dad treated me that way up until i started visiting my boyfriend regularly, so its been many years that have shaped me to be this way and feel this negative towards him. He didnt like the idea of me getting my first boyfriend at the age of 18 i think i was, and immediately woke me up and said he lives too far its not going to last long.

When I got to a certain age like maybe 10, thats when I started to realise it wasnt normal, that this isnt how a family is supposed to be.

My dad actually threw a knife at my mum during an arguement, when i was about 2 years old and standing next to her. He missed us; when i remind myself of this (i dont remember it, my mum told me about 3 years ago), i ask why did my mum not do anything.

I have just looked up the crisis loan but its said you may no longer apply for a crisis loan..
I have found the willpower and support of my boyfriend to apply for housing at the local council here. I am worried they wont accept me as the first person though because I havnt lived in thurrock for 5 years which apparantly is a must? However if they make me apply for London, then my boyfriend wont be able to come with me..i dont think i could move without him as he is the only person im attached to and we both get really down when we are apart.
I sent in the application just now anyway and will just wait and see; i hope there is a chance and not just an instant rejection..

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:54:51 AM »
lol I feel the same could definitely write a book on my bad experiences, can imagine it being a depressing read though :p

where to start..... glad the tablet thing helped, they do taste nasty when it sits on the bottom and you get it all in one go if u give it a stir just before you drink it u should be ok, will still be nasty though, no illusions there.

the relationship I have with my family is so confusing I don't think ill try to explain it... Im not sure I even understand it were just broken up and only see eachother when somethings wrong it seems....

my brother is in Thurrock when he wanted to move away when I was workin all over the country he wanted to move area's and they said he could move if there were family ties in that area. not sure if you have any family in Thurrock still.... that could help.

if not a crisis loan then a budgeting loan.... I haven't tried to get one in ages but with all the cuts it may be gone but I hope not cos ill be needing something like that when I can sort myself out..

Thurrock is expanding at the minute theres new builds going up all over the place and theres more going u near where I am soon. there redeveloping the area cos theres a new superport in tilbury...

sorry the reply isn't that detailed I just got wokeded up by the dogs and thought id check my mail
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:58:38 AM »
yh just checked you can still apply for budgeting loans heres a link

https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-loans

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
Thank you i will look at that link when i get on a computer. Oh yes the new port thing will be around the corringham/coryton area. Ive been looking out for jobs there but its all driver and labourer jobs. I think its got 2 years yet until its complete. Dont think i could last 2 more years where i am.

Damn dogs lol, though saying that, my cat wakes me up all the time when i go home.

I went to the doctors today and i was allowed to stop the antibiotics as they have made me ill. I have always been underweight, i have lost 4-5 pounds in 5 days so i am now 5st 5
The doctor said its a big issue, that im severely sick with a low bmi. He told me to eat lots of calories. He said homeopathy is a load of rubbish and that i probably wont need counselling as it wont do much. He stuck me on tablets and basically thats my only way i can cope. He didnt refer me anywhere. He said i need to put on weight before it gets more serious.
The way he spoke to me, about being seriously ill, i didnt think it was the right method. I was already sitting there pale, sweating and shaking because the antibiotics and my mood was low, he just made it worse telling me i have a severe serious illness.it does not motivate me, ive had this weight issue forever and it makes me even more less willing to get better. He asked how i felt and i said i feel like just dying. I couldnt help but cry a little.. Him just sitting there staring at me emotionless.. Awkward.
I informed my mum of this and she is furious. Im contemplating whether i will take this medication because i had rashes with the 2 others i took. I feel im stuck in limbo

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
no problem I hope you can get the help you need!!!

its all getting a bit much for me atm with being in limbo, not just with meds or therapy but with everything ... getting the right meds is important but I don't know if I am on the right ones yet, im not even sure how there supposed to make me feel, getting therapy is important cos it helps me speaking to someone face to face, even when I get that it doesn't mean yay im better its still going to be a struggle and it may not work... going to the docs I see a different locum doctor all the time so it varies from getting an ignorant a$$hole to getting someone who is sympathetic and helpful...

ive always been underweight as well never once have I been my ideal body weight... I don't know why a doc said once I just have a high metabolism, even when I went to the gym I didn't build much, just got more toned.

I do get low on energy a lot and ive never tackled the problem... replying to you now is making me wonder if I should try and do something when I goto the docs on Monday afternoon.

I couldn't advise on how to get heavier as I cant do it myself, ive read the theory of it and have tried over eating, only eating fatty takeaways which made me sick after 3 months, eating little and often but I just cant put any fat on.... I don't think there is any fat on my body..

hopefully someone here can help you with that or what your physically going through right now.

im not sure your doc was right saying counselling wont do much, that's your decision to make not his, the pleb. youd think he would be a bit more sensitive giving information like that... pick up a complaints form and report him if he was that bad! god im angry thinking about it I read and hear so much that people don't get the care or respect they are entitled to when they goto their gp's.... that's not to take anything away from the good ones out there because they do exist...there just few and far between.

your doc should have covered this but make sure you give it a couple of days at least before taking your new meds so the anti-biotics are out of your system. then if you decide to take the new ones take them at night and if anything does flair up while your sleeping you can book an appointment in the morning and change medication... its all a bit long of a process but would work in your favour !!

really hope you get better quickly !

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »
I was born and raised in in Thurrock and I always knew it was difficult to get a council property in Grays but other areas weren't so difficult.  We were renting privately in Grays for several months but also on the waiting list and were told if we got an eviction notice due to contract ending we we offered a place.  It meant accepting a flat in Tilbury but once we were in there we were able to move to a better area.  This was back in 1999 though.

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
@Craig

How many types of tablets do people generally go through until they find the right ones?
I'm not going to start mine yet until I put a bit of weight on I think.. as i normally feel a little sick when i first start a course.
After not being on antibiotics for over 36 hours now, i dont feel half as sick, and I have managed to eat and drink more so i'm slowly on the mend in that case :)

I had the same problem; i had like mcdonalds, crispy duck & egg fried rice, fish and chip takeaways all in one week for like 3 weeks straight and got up to 6st 2. I think it was too much for my body to handle and i soon went back down to like 5st 7 in a week.
People do recommend going on protein shakes; that it helps some people put on 2 stone in 6 months; but i have had that they taste really gross; I couldn't commit myself to having to drink that every day.. plus i've seen from places like holland&barratts that they are extremely expensive if you buy the big tubs.

The doctor didn't tell me to wait for the antibiotics to sort of flush through before taking the others.. thank you for that, I definately will be waiting a little.
I've been put on 2 types before and went to the doctors around 3 times about my rashes but they kept telling me its impossible that its the tablets :( I know it is though!

@Pip

I had recently worked in Grays; i quit the job in march i think but the area is so bad; the crime rate and just the area in general that I had to walk past looked really tacky; the amount of rude people that lived in them council houses near central grays.. its not an area i'd be very happy to go to. I've briefly seen part of Tilbury as i've gone past on the bus before and wow.. it looks worse than Grays in my opinion.. hear a lot about young youths with knives at the train station. I would like to move out but I do also worry what place I could end up at as i'm worried I could end up in a very unpleasant room and I'm scared that I would regret my decision.

I mean right now, I want to move so badly that I don't see myself regretting leaving my boyfriends family, because i do feel unwanted as does he most of the time; but i worry that he would hate moving out and regret it; which would bring my mood down as well.
Sometimes i already feel that i live in just one room; like a lodger; and i have to pay rent even though i buy all my own food etc and am unemployed. I think being treated like that by someone who is supposed to sort of care for you; is worse than being treated like that from someone you do not know.. if that makes any sense.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
Yes that part of Grays is rough.  Stifford Clays is a much better area in Grays, I know people who have lived there since they were children and are quite happy living there.  I used to live in Chestnut Avenue ~ if you don't know where that is google the postcode RM16 2UJ on google maps but where I grew up is privately owned property rather than council.  Chadwell St Mary is okay to live in or if you're prepared to move out a bit further out Stanford Le Hope and Corringham come under Thurrock Council and are nice places to live.     

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 10:16:50 PM »
I dunno m8 in reality I don't have mch to go by until I meet people who are on the same pills...... for me I don't notice much in all honesty. recently I thought I did but alcohol has a way of tainting things....  unfortunately for me I got the weight feeling without the actual weight!!

I hear what your saying the areas u mentioned are like the best areas you can live in round here...... at least it was a few years ago until .... u know ... the normal kind of things we knew about became an argument in parliament.... 

ur not idiots.....

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
put weight on without the actual weight ...

meaning connected but skinny as hell

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
lol note to self don't come on here when drunk.. prat :p

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
Must admit it would take a lot to get me to move back to Grays.  The last time I was there was back in 2011 to visit my dad.  My sister popped in with her middle daughter and grandson who was about 6 weeks then.  Enjoyed that as I don't get to hold babies much these days.  We did a flying visit to Dagenham as well that day to visit in laws.