Author Topic: Always anxious  (Read 6579 times)

NeedToSleep

Always anxious
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place but here goes. I can't stop worrying all the time. I worry about little things, such as whether I've switched the computer off. Recently I've started a new job and I am constantly worrying that my colleagues don't like me or that they are watching me or that I will do something wrong. I am finding the job difficult to learn and I worry that I will never learn it, so much so that I can't relax at work. Another thing I have started to worry about is getting older, even though I'm only 24. I worry that I won't get married and have children, however I also worry that I will get married and have children and that I will be bad at it or not be able to cope.

I worry about silly things such as taking on too much and not be able to do it all. This often leads me to worrying about times in the future when I might be extremely busy such as if I become a parent or have a demanding job and then it will be much worse. I worry that I'm going to put on weight or that I don't have any friends. I also worry about serious things such as getting cancer and dying. My brother and grandma are not very well so I also worry about them a lot.

When I've spoken to other people about my worries, they seem surprised that I worry about the little things. My ex used to complain that I worry about things that will never happen. I feel that this constant anxiety is ruining my life and is making me feel depressed. I want to relax and enjoy my life, especially as I'm so young, but I can't as worrying is making it worse. I envy those people who don't seem to worry and take everything in their stride.

I'm just looking for a way to overcome these worries and lead a normal life. If someone could provide me with tips and strategies that would be very welcome. Or if there are any skills I could learn, this would be great. Thanks.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Always anxious
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:30:54 PM »
The feelings you describe are common when we are depressed, counselling may help  %^%

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:38:13 PM »

You appear to have an anxiety disorder. Hopefully you will respond very well to therapy should as CBT, and if needs be, medication. You have recognised that you are anxious and that you want to change this, the next step is to go to the doctors and explain carefully, (or write it down for her/him).

Steve X

camron

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:01:33 AM »
Burning Frankincense resin is very good for anxiety, but better then this is listening to recitations of the Quran

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
I tend to drink teas such as red bush tea without milk and we use scented candles

Liv

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
Hi there NeedToSleep,

I have been through a few episodes of depression and I'm currently suffering with it at the moment. Even though I have been through the depression before, I feel like this time it has taken on the edge of anxiety as well, which I don't remember from the last episodes. The reason I mention this is because, what you said really resonates with me. I'm 23 (just had my birthday, a day which I spent half of in tears because I feel so miserable at the moment) and I already feel like I have just been getting older over the past few years without achieving anything. I also see myself as getting older and ending up alone (not being able to find a partner, losing all my friends etc). I'm also terrified that I won't be able to get a job and support myself. And I worry that if I do get a job I won't be able to cope with it. It's like the floodgates have opened now that I have started to worry and I seem to manage imagine every worst case scenario.

I'm going to start CBT this week and I'm hoping it will help. It is supposed to address your thought processes, which are what lead to feelings of depression and anxiety. I have my first session on Thursday and if you like I could let you know if it helps?

camron

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »
i never tried red bush before, i must put it on my "to try list"