Author Topic: Time off work - any advice?  (Read 7641 times)

Ikaty

Time off work - any advice?
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
Hello
I am Katy, I have been in decline for a long time after a car crash that has left me in chronic pain which has chip chip, chipped away at every single bit of my life until I could no longer cope with life and I have been recently - reffered through ocupational health at work and diagnosed with depression and anxiety and signed off work, I have been off now for about a month and I really, thought I would only need about a week or 2 and am pretty surprised and dissapointed with myself that I STILL don't feel ready to go back!!
I just don't know how I am going to get myself in a position to go back, I am not even sorted when I am at home I still feel a mess so how can I think about going back like this but then I think maybe going back would help me get better and I would not be such a mess??

aggggggg I am driving myself potty over it  - does anyone have any advice/experience? Did you have time off work? How long? And did it help going back?

I am a sales rep with a very demanding and very busy job. Maybe if I go back I will be able to get my act together but I don't want to crash again.

Help!

Thanks in advance

Katy x x

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Time off work - any advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
I had several months off and I went back when my GP told me it was time I should, my employers let me ease back slowly and it was a lot less awful than I thought

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

behasty

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Hi,
I had the same problem recently I work for the army and I had the same issue after my first tour in Afghan.Life wasnt easy at all I nearly became an alcogolic but a friend of mine adviced me and pointed out a programme which really worked for me and I hope it will work for you as well, here is the link for the programme, http://077611m1hg3u6ye6fefnp7owec.hop.clickbank.net/

darkangel1979

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
I think im in a similar situation-im a chef but i left my last job as i felt sick on my way to work. was nervous, anxious and lost confidence in myself. Im hoping i can see my GP and get my head together asap (as i feel guilty for not being able to cope, which makes me feel worse)

hope all is well...

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:22 AM »
I've been off for nearly four months now. I know in myself I'm not ready to go back.

I think I'll know when the time is right.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
Hi Katy, if you dont feel you are ready to go back to work, give yourself a little longet to recover. dont set a time frame for this.
if you force yourself back before you are ready, it could back fire on you
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water