Author Topic: Financial Help For Depression Sufferers in the UK  (Read 4017 times)

drnev

Financial Help For Depression Sufferers in the UK
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »
Hi, I need some advice, I'm thinking I can't possibly be the only person in this situation.
I lost my job ( was made redundant ) in Feb last year, since then, I've not been able to look for a job, ( just can't bring myself to do it, afraid the extra rejection might just prove I am the worthless piece of crud I think I am ! ).......I don't recieve job seekers anymore as it runs out after 6 months.....( nice to know that after 30 years on the 40 % tax bracket .. ) so now I have no income.... I've been " living off " my girlfriend, but as you can imagine, she's just about had enough of me......depression and no job....jeeeez, I'm a catch................................................can anyone please, please advise me...Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Financial Help For Depression Sufferers in the UK
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
Hi

I dont know anything about benefits but I would suggest going to the Citizens Advice Beauro as they would almost certainly be able to tell you what you may be entitled to

xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

overcastrainbow

• Karma Group
Re: Financial Help For Depression Sufferers in the UK
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »
You would be entitled to statuary sick pay if you have been signed off by the doctors.

But it does only last 6 months then you get a medical check up and they tend to not see depression as a disability in my experience.

It may help you get by untill you get a job.

Plan your day with a chart. when theres things i find immensly difficult i plan it out. that way i tend to get more done.

it is still hard but it helps.